News Advisory: September 8, Platte Institute Legislative Summit in Lincoln
NEWS ADVISORY from the Platte Institute
Attachment: Legislative Summit Issue Summaries
Contact: Adam Weinberg
September 8: Platte Institute Legislative Summit
Experts discuss new Truth in Taxation law, Nebraska workforce needs & more
LINCOLN, NE — The Platte Institute will host its annual Legislative Summit at the Embassy Suites in downtown Lincoln (1040 P Street, Lincoln, NE 68508) on Thursday, September 8, 2022. The Summit will be held in the Regents AB ballroom and begins at 8:30 a.m. Central Time, with registration opening at 7:30 a.m. Members of the media receive complementary registration available at PlatteInstitute.org/Events.
The 2022 Platte Institute Legislative Summit: Doing Great Things, will include a keynote presentation by Tony Goins, Director of the Nebraska Department of Economic Development. Goins’ remarks will be followed by programs and panels with policy experts on issues including state and local taxes, technology and regulation, and growing the workforce.
Here is the schedule of events and list of speakers and panelists. Summaries of each topic are attached in PDF format. Times are approximate:
8:40 a.m. – Growing Nebraska’s Economy, keynote by Nebraska Department of Economic Development Director Tony Goins
9:00 a.m. – Recognizing Nebraska’s Workforce Challenge, a conversation with Platte Institute Senior Fellow Laura Ebke and Heather Curry, Director of Strategic Engagement at Goldwater Institute
9:30 a.m. – Creating the Future with Regulatory Sandboxes, a panel moderated by Platte Institute Government Relations Director Nicole Fox
- James Czerniawski (Chur-now-skee), Senior Policy Analyst in Technology and Innovation, Americans for Prosperity
- Rees Empey (Reese Em-Pee), Director of State Government Affairs, Libertas Institute
- Matthew Nicaud (Nee-Co), Tech Policy Specialist, Mississippi Center for Public Policy
10:15 a.m. – Presentation of the 2022 Connie Brown Freedom Award and Platte Institute Legislative Achievement Award with Platte Institute Chief Strategy Officer Jim Smith
10:30 a.m. – Understanding Truth in Taxation, a panel moderated by Platte Institute Communications Director Adam Weinberg
- Rusty Cannon, President, Utah Taxpayers Association
- Dave Trabert (Traw-bert), Chief Executive Officer, Kansas Policy Institute
11:00 a.m. – Competing for Taxpayers, a panel moderated by Jim Vokal, Platte Institute Chief Executive Officer and host of the Nebraskanomics podcast
- Joe Coletti, House Majority Oversight Staff Director, North Carolina General Assembly
- Katherine Loughead (Law-head) Senior Policy Analyst, Tax Foundation Center for State Tax Policy
- Michael Lucci (Loo-chee), Senior Policy Advisor, Platte Institute
For more information, contact Adam Weinberg at (402) 500-0209 or email@example.com.
The Platte Institute advances policies that remove barriers to growth and opportunity in Nebraska. Visit PlatteInstitute.org/Media to find more Platte Institute media resources.