Oct. 7: Nebraska leaders and experts discuss Blueprint Nebraska initiatives
NEWS ADVISORY from the Platte Institute
September 30, 2021
Contact: Adam Weinberg
October 7: Platte Institute Legislative Summit
Nebraska leaders and experts discuss Blueprint Nebraska initiatives
On Thursday, October 7, the Platte Institute will host its annual Legislative Summit at the Embassy Suites in downtown Lincoln (1040 P Street, Lincoln, NE 68508). The Summit will be held in the Regents B ballroom and begins at 8:30 a.m. Central Time, with registration opening at 7:30 a.m.
The 2021 Platte Institute Legislative Summit: Blueprint Nebraska, will include keynote presentations by Nebraska Legislature Speaker Mike Hilgers and Norfolk, Nebraska Mayor Josh Moenning on state and local initiatives inspired by the Blueprint Nebraska strategic plan. Three panels with state policy leaders on the Blueprint workforce, broadband, and tax modernization initiatives will follow. Free registration for members of the media is available online at PlatteInstitute.org/Events. More information about Blueprint Nebraska can be found at blueprint-nebraska.org.
Here is the schedule of events and list of speakers and panelists. All times are Central:
8:30 a.m. – Blueprint for the Unicameral, Keynote by Nebraska Legislature Speaker Mike Hilgers
8:50 a.m. – Building from the Blueprint in Your Community, Keynote by Norfolk, Nebraska Mayor Josh Moenning
9:10 a.m. – Workforce Solutions: Nebraska, Honestly, Should be for Everyone, moderated by Nebraska State Sen. Mike McDonnell
- Johnathan Hladik, Policy Director, Center for Rural Affairs
- Jessica Kolterman, Director of Administration, Lincoln Premium Poultry
- Kyle Murphy, Vice President of People & Corporate Communication, Hudl
- Sandra Reding, President, Aksarben Foundation
- Eric Stueckrath, Chief Executive Officer, Outlook Nebraska
10:05 a.m. – Broadband Solutions: Innovation in a Unique State, moderated by Nebraska State Sen. Anna Wishart
- Commissioner Mary Ridder, Nebraska Public Service Commission, District 5
- Kim Rowell, Market Vice President, Cox Communications
- Gary Warren, Senior Consultant, Hamilton Communications
10:50 a.m. – Presentation of the 2021 Platte Institute Legislative Achievement Award
11:00 a.m. – Tax Modernization: The People and Data Behind the Blueprint Framework, moderated by Nebraska State Sen. Lou Ann Linehan
- Jim Greisch, Partner, RSM US
- Jo Ellen Stock, Assistant Vice President of State and Local Taxes, Union Pacific
- Stacy Watson, Tax and Consulting Shareholder, Lutz
- Joseph Young, Director of Business Development, Sampson Construction
For more information, please contact Adam Weinberg at (402) 500-0209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Platte Institute advances policies that remove barriers to growth and opportunity in Nebraska. More media resources are available at PlatteInstitute.org/Media.